Eggs are a part of the Mediterranean diet. You can enjoy them a couple of times a week. That’s why we bring you four egg-a-licious recipes to enjoy. When it comes to the most important meal of the day, the Mediterranean diet takes no chances. With such deliciousness in store for you, there is NO way you will ever skip breakfast!
Mediterranean Egg Salad
- Eggs, 16, hardboiled
- Sun-dried tomatoes, 1 cup, chopped
- Red onion, 1 cup, finely chopped
- Cucumber, 1 cup, chopped
- Olives, ½ cup, chopped
- Greek yogurt, 1 cup
- Lemon juice
- Oregano, 3 tsp
- Cumin, ½ tsp
- Salt, 1 tsp
- Black pepper, to taste
- Chop up the eggs and mix in the tomatoes, olives, onion, and cucumber.
- Next, add the rest of the ingredients.
- Enjoy the batch you just whipped up for up to a week by storing it in the fridge.
- Eggs, a dozen
- Cream/Milk, 1 cup
- Tomatoes, 1 cup, diced
- Black olives, ½ cup, chopped
- Spinach, 2 cups, chopped
- Crumbled feta cheese, ½ cup
- Salt, 2 tsp
- Oregano, 2 tsp
- Pepper, 1 tsp
- Let your oven be preheated to 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile, prepare your quiche dish by greasing it.
- Next, blend eggs and cream/milk together and add in the remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
Cinnamon French Toast
- Eggs, 4
- Unsweetened almond milk, 1 cup
- Cinnamon, 2 tsp for mixing and more for sprinkling
- Vanilla extract, 2 tsp
- Bread, 8 slices
- Unsalted butter, 2 tbsp
- Maple syrup, to taste
- Mix together the milk, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Add the slices of bread to the egg mixture and allow it to soak for 2 minutes each.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in a skillet. Fry the slices until golden brown.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon and serve with maple syrup.
- All purpose flour, 4 cups
- Baking powder, 2 tbsp
- Salt, a pinch or two
- Brown sugar, 1 cup
- Cream, 1 cup
- Espresso, 2 cups. You can also use any other very strong brewed coffee
- Powdered sugar, enough for garnishing
- Allow the oven to heat to 350 F.
- Meanwhile, prepare the muffin pan by greasing it with butter.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Next, add sugar in the floury mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg and cream using a hand mixer.
- Now, add the mixture to the flour bowl. Pour in the coffee and then use the hand mixer to combine it all.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin pan and bake for 40 minutes. You can use a knife to poke them and check if they are ready.
- Allow the muffins to cool down before garnishing them with powdered sugar.
Loving these recipes? Find healthier Mediterranean diet recipes based on Chef Ayhan’s specialty in his book on Amazon!