One reason that makes the Mediterranean Diet so easy to follow is the simplicity of its recipes. We present three recipes that you can whip up in no time and enjoy when you’re in the mood for a light lunch!
Salmon and Asparagus Drenched in a Buttery Sauce
- Salmon fillet 2 pounds, cut into 8 portions
- Asparagus, 2 pounds trimmed
- Salt, 1 tsp
- Ground pepper, 1 tsp
- Butter, 6 tbsp
- Extra-virgin olive oil 2 tbsp
- Garlic, grated, 2 tsp
- Lemon zest, grated, 2 tsp
- Lemon juice, 2 tsp
- Turn on the oven and let it heat to 375 °F.
- Take a baking tray, line it with baking sheet, and spray liberally with cooking spray.
- Place the fillet and asparagus on the baking sheet. Season both well with salt and pepper.
- Next, melt butter in a pan, adding oil to keep it from burning. Throw in the garlic, lemon juice and zest. Keep the pan over medium heat and wait for the butter to melt.
- Drizzle the sauce over the salmon and asparagus.
- Bake for 24-30 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through. The asparagus should be kept crispy.
- Dry quinoa 3 cups
- Salt 1 tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil 1 cup
- Balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp
- Garlic cloves, 4, pressed
- Dry basil, minced, 1 tsp
- Dried thyme, crush, 1 tsp
- Salt and black pepper for seasoning
- Arugula 6 cups
- Garbanzo beans, 2 15 ounce cans, drain before using
- Roasted red bell pepper, 3 ounces, chopped
- Black olives, 3 ounces, pitted
- Feta cheese, 3 ounces, slice
- Basil, 3 ounces, sliced thinly
- Prepare quinoa according to the directions given on the package directions. Allow to cool down.
- Now in a different bowl, throw in the oil, garlic, vinegar, thyme, and basil. Mix to combine and finish by seasoning well with salt and pepper.
- Add the arugula, olives, beans, bell pepper, and feta cheese to the quinoa.
- Drizzle quinoa mixture with the dressing. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
Roasted Broccoli & Goat Cheese Open Sandwiches
- Broccoli, 2 bunches, trimmed
- Extra-virgin olive oil, 3 tsp + 4 tbsp
- Salt, ½ tsp
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Garlic cloves, 4, sliced very thinly
- Soft goat cheese, 8 ounces
- Milk 4 tbsp
- Crusty bread, cut into ½-inch thick pieces and toast lightly
- Crushed pepper, just enough for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 450 °F.
- While the oven heats, prepare a baking tray by lining it with baking sheet.
- Season the broccoli with oil (3 tsp), salt, and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes or until you see the edges starting to brown.
- Add the remaining oil to a skillet. Over medium heat, cook garlic until it turns golden. Drain and keep the garlic flavored oil.
- In a bowl, mix the cheese, milk, and pepper. Coat a piece of bread with this mixture. Then top with the broccoli and garlic. Swirl in some of the garlic flavored oil and garnish with the pepper.
For more recipes, check out the new and improved version of Mediterranean diet based on Chef Ayhan’s special menu. Click to get your copy off Amazon right now!